Sunday, November 21, 2010

Melanee's Scrapbook

I just finished (except a few things) Melanee's scrapbook and I love it.  I am going to give it to her for Christmas, so I hope she likes it! 
I took these pictures of it this afternoon out in the sun, but the colors are a little different in real life than in the pictures, the plastic page protectors take away a little of the clearness, and it basically just looks way better in real life!  I like the cover.  I used leftover Polaris Watercraft letters and numbers for the SVU 2010 part.

 This is the first page.  It has an error on it, one you may not have noticed if I didn't tell you, but when I printed out the roster a few names were printed onto the second page of the print out.  When I went to reprint it, I was out of printer ink, so I used green...and now the list is longer so it goes above the bottom of the picture....but as you may know, once something is glued down in scrapbooking, there is almost NO repositioning.  (Yeah, I would have straightended out the SVU Soccer words, if I could have without ripping the paper and losing the stickyness of the stickers.)  And Now that I have made the cover (did that last) I don't like that the cover and the first page say the exact same thing!
 I used all the women's soccer articles that were posted on SVU.edu/athletics. 
 Each game had a write up on the web site, so I used the write up as my journaling and then either Melanee sent me pictures from her camera or I found pictures from the game on her teammate's facebook pages.  If you were wondering, Melanee is #17 or if she is not in her jersey, you can pick her out of the crowd by looking for the girl with the HUGE, ginormous smile. 
 I didn't buy any paper for this scrapbook and used stickers I had from previous scrapbooks. 

 Cameron's mom is a professional photographer.  She went to one of Melanee's games and took 44 pictures of Melanee.  I used ALL of them in this scrapbook.  This page uses 28 of them.  I LOVE this page.  This was my favorite page until I made another page you will see later.  I recommend making pages like these because you can use a lot of pictures and they look awesome, but they take A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT.  (worth it)
 These little kid stickers are some of Melanee's favorites, so she will like this page. This is also the page that goes with the double overtime win over Eastern Mennonite, with Melanee scoring the game winner.


 I hate using my circle cutter, I'm not good at it, I mess up all the time, but it sure makes a different kind of page to look at. 
 William gave me the idea for this page and Andrea, the photographer that Melanee knows from Buena Vista, took these pictures.  She is only 16, but she is awesome. 





 I wish I would have taken more time cutting around Melanee's hair on this silhouette, but it is really a hassle, so I left it.




 Here is the other page where I used Teena Cook's pictures.  I forgot the count, but there are A LOT of pictures on this page!
 This is the stat page, with more pictures from Andrea.


 Lacey helped me finish this one.  The red paper was supposed to match Kendra's dress and another girl has on a red Hawaiian skirt in the middle picture....and I figured I'd never get to go to Hawaii, so I may as well use my Hawaiian paper. 

 I put a blank page as the page before this page because this was a two part article and I didn't know how I was going to get the first part, but I wanted it for the scrapbook, so I left a blank page.  At church today, a lady came up to me and handed me both this and the article I need!   So sometime soon I will make that other page.
 When I scrapbooked with Sarah she made two page spreads with mirroring use of her paper and stickers....so I copied her idea and used it on this page.

 I hate pages with only one picture, but I wanted to do a practice page and I only had printed out one picture of Melanee at practice, so here it is. 


 As I scrapbook I trim a lot of pictures.  I save the trimmings or scraps and I made a page with the 3 or 4 unused pictures I had plus all the scraps.  This page took me FOREVER, but it's another one of my favorites.  Some of the pictures are just random players backs, the coach, SVU superfans, a ball, etc....but there is not a piece of blank paper on here. 
This picture has a story, too.  I wasn't able to go watch Nationals this year.  Tamara's mom was there.  During the first game I was working at yard duty at Bradley and Andrew's school.  Every once and a while I'd get a phone call or text from Tamara's mom.  One of my co workers didn't believe me and told me to have her send a picture, I did, and she sent me this.  There is no way to expand it, the people are microscopic, but I love and treasure this picture.  I went around all of the school showing people it on my cell phone. 
This not the last page of the book, but it didn't get uploaded in the uploading process and I really want to show it to you because it is MY ABSOLUTE VERY favorite page in the whole book.  I don't know if you can read the poem, but the poem makes the page.  I planned on this being my "black and white" page.  I sent the action shot below to Costco, but it came out tooooooooo dark, I almost wasn't going to use it.  I looked for some stickers at the store I could use on a black and white page, and found what I thought were stickers, but when I got them home, it was a package of clear STAMPS.  Oh well.  Then I found the poem and knew I was going to use it.  But it was blue, that didn't really fit, but I used it, too, along with all the other elements that "didn't really fit".  Then I knew it was going to be NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to try to find a picture of Melanee playing soccer when she was young.  I went to a box of pictures and THIS WAS the VERY FIRST picture I pulled out....awesome...I didn't even look a second longer...it was perfect...and the paper is green, matching her uniform.....I LOVE this page!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment