Our town has a 5K run each Thanksgiving morning. William wanted to run it this year. I signed him up....then found out that Bradley also wanted to participate. So he ran, too. A while back, Bradley's class participated in a 5K as part of a unit they were working on, but the run was held on a Sunday, so Bradley didn't participate in the run. His teacher keeps strict track of all their assignments and all their missing assignments. The "past due" assignments NEVER go away until completed. Can you believe that on Bradley's "past due" list EVERY week is "Almond Bowl" registration form (we didn't fill it out, since he wasn't going to go) and "Almond Bowl Run". Well, his teacher told him that this race would count for that, so Bradley was doing this race for FUN and also for class credit, haha!
It was 30 degrees this morning, you can't tell in this picture, but you could see William's breath.Here is William approaching the finish line. He came in 6th place overall......2nd in his age group (but the guy who beat him in his age group (14-17) looked at least 18, lol!)(lol because LOOK how old William looks!)
Here is another picture of William right before the finish line. I didn't get one at the start because he ran past me tooooooo fast!
William's time was 18:20. Bradley's time was 30:22. I didn't get any pictures of Bradley running because the crowd was always in my way (and he went by too fast to, haha!)
So I tried to get a picture of them together after the race.
I kept telling Bradley to smile.
When picking a picture for the blog...bahhhahahhahahaha...I couldn't choose, these are all classics!
about to barf, I think.
And this last one is William before the award ceremony. (Scott, Bradley, Andrew and I left before they announced the winners, but William stayed and he was awarded a Klean Kanteen (a reusable metal water bottle) for his 2nd place finish. He really wanted a trophy.
Good way to start a Thanksgiving Day.
I need to get your new address on my blog-but anyway these pics are totally awesome!! I never saw Bradley and of course didn't see William, he was probably finished before we even got through the start line, it took forever! It was hard to weave through all the people with our huge jogging stroller, but it was fun!
ReplyDelete